[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
The Cribs • View topic - NME interview

NME interview

Discuss anything about the band in here...

Moderators: Emma B, CribsForum, thefellas, The Cribs

Re: NME interview

Postby Lager on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:27 pm

Great response to Chris' letter by 'LW' at the NME
Lager
Relevant

Re: NME interview

Postby Laura M on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:37 pm

hanabizzle wrote:Oh aye, that was the other thing I was going to say. I was flicking through NME thinking, wait, this isn't as bad as I remember, then saw they gave Los Camp a fucking awful review and thought, nah, they are :P. I don't think the writing (on the longer features at least) is all that bad, it's just the bands they cover. jeez.

That was a really tough article to read it made me feel all sad the other day but full respect to Ryan coming out and talking about it that must have been quite diefficult and I'm really glad he's feeling much better!

and Hannah yeah about the NME... and then you get the pricks like Rick Martin who writes for them trying to stir things up. He gave Johnny Foreigner a really bad album review on purpose which was so insulting and personal it didn't even focus on songs it just pretty much slagged off the band and their ethos and the fans really. After the whole record store day spat last year you could totally tell it was in retaliation. You have to question why on earth they let him review the album after there was bad feeling between him and the band already?
Actually he tried putting a sly comment in Johnny Marr's interview when Johnny was saying how he wanted to do one album and then move straight onto another and doesn't like hanging about waiting. Rick Martin was like "is that a possible hint at The Cribs there" just for the sake of trying to be all controversial which was just nonsense really and didn't even make sense with what Johnny was talking about he was just saying what his plan was not digging at anyone. Grr he makes my blood boil does Rick Martin i'll stop ranting about him now. I do like Jamie Fullerton's articles though his seem bang on.
Also yes that was a rather mean review of Los Camp but I guess that was the guys opinion so fair enough he could have toned it down though that was rather harsh saying they shouldn't exist I was like...Ouch leave them alone now you've made your point mate :(

Finally as for Ryan producing This Many Boyfriends album I AM OVER THE CHUFFING MOON ABOUT THIS :D . I have come to absolutely adore this band over the past couple of months! Can't wait to see them again at Live at Leeds and Long Division :)
'I just thought that i should try and say hello to those who'd never exist without being generic'
Laura M
Roving Artist

Previous

Return to The Cribs